Data doesn't lie. "Statistics" do.
"Statistics" can be skewed in a number of ways to portray "information" and "news" to favour the desired outcome. Actual raw data is the best way to get the real picture.
In order to get the real picture that is relevant to your area and property type, click through the live data reports and see what is happening in the market for yourself. I have organized the graphs in a logical order so that they are easy to follow, and so they provide you with enough information to get the facts. Furthermore, you can move over the graph to see detailed data for every month. If you would like more information, or help interpreting all of the numbers even further as to how they relate to your actual property, feel free to send me a message, or give me a call, and I will be more than happy to speak with you (and can give you a market evaluation for your home).
The graphs are broken down into the following:
- MLS® HPI index - The MLS® HPI index measures the rate at which housing prices change over time by taking into account the property/home type sold.
- Median Price per Square/Foot - This is the median price a property sold for, divided by the area. This measure can give you a rough idea of what properties are worth, however it does not take into account many factors such as land size, finishing, age, condition, etc. therefore you should not solely rely on this number.
- Median Sales Price - This is the median price properties have sold for. As above, this will give you a rough idea of what the average property is worth. Again, looking just at this number does not take into account many factors such as land size, finishing, age, condition, etc. therefore you should not solely rely on this number.
- Average Listing to Contract Days - This figure shows what the average amount of days a property is on the market until it is sold.
- Total Inventory - This figure shows the total amount of properties listed for sale on the MLS®.
- Sales - This figure shows the actual amount of properties sold.
- Average Percentage of Original Price - This figure shows the average of how much a property was actually sold for versus the listed price.
- Sales to Actives Ratio - This figure shows you the ratio between the amount of properties that were listed versus being sold. Multiply this number by 100 and this will give the percentage.